Russian embassy or consulate provides a Tourist Visa for travelling to Russia. It should be obtained from Russian embassy of the country of his/her citizenship only. Exceptions include those who have a residence permit for a foreign country for the period more than 90 days. However, the final decision is left up to the consulates. We recommend that you get in touch with the Russian consulate in the country of your current location and make sure that your application will be accepted. The processing time and price depends on the applicant's citizenship.
Tourist visa is valid up to 30 days and has single or double entry variants.
Documents to request tourist Visa to Russia
- Filled in on-line (please see https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx), then printed out and signed application form, one per person. While filling in the form please put a rough date you expect your courier bag would be delivered to the Embassy into the field “Date of the visit to consulate or visa center” of your appointment details.
- National passport (original) valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Russia. At least two pages (side by side) of the passport should be free from notes (additional pages inserted in your passport do not match the size of a Russian visa because they are smaller than standard pages of a foreign passport).
- One passport sized (3x4 cm) photo on a white background. The picture should be done on black-and-white or color matt paper only. Please, write your name in capital letters on the back of the photo. Please, be aware that your photo should be neatly cut out and glued to the specially marked place of the application form.
- A standard tourist Confirmation ("Podtverzdeniye") from an authorized hosting Russian travel agency, registered in the Russian MFA. Confirmation must be issued in a due form, have a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company, personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services paid.
- Should the Consulate wish to contact you, please state clearly your contact telephone number (office and after hours) in the application form.
- Note that according to the Russian law the date of entry cannot be earlier than 5 working days after the date of issue of the visa. Please have it in mind when applying for an urgent-processing visa.
- Apart from tourist visa, you may be required to present at the border check point your tourist Confirmation, Voucher and a return ticket with a fixed date of departure from Russia, as well as evidence of your ability to support yourself during the travel.
- Children apply for separate visas if they travel on their own passports. Non-traveling parents must confirm in an affidavit their consent for their children's travel.
Buying any tour in the company Travel-altai, tourist automatically gets insurance contract for safety travelling in Russia. Company Travel-altai working with Rosgosstrakh insurance company and VSK Insurance which are one of the best in the field of travel insurance in Russia.
- All insurance programs include the following services:
- ambulatory treatment;
- stay and treatment in a hospital;
- emergency dental care;
- transportation to medical enterprise;
- transportation to the place of residence;
- repatriation of remains.
Tours including mountaineering parts of route, such as Ascent To Belukha tour, must be insured additionally as extreme alpine route having sport category risk.
The maximum amount of insurance cover can vary from 5000 to 30 000 USD.
Permission to pre-border zone
Republic of Altai is pre-border region adjoining to Mongolia, China and Kazakhstan. Territory located closer than 5 km to border is prohibited to enter without special pre-border permission. Every foreign tourist should make application for permission no later than 2 month before entering pre-border zone.
- Documents to get permission:
- passport of the citizen of the Russian Federation;
- the internal passport of a foreign citizen with a blank registration on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- birth certificate for persons under 14 years of age;
- excursion/expedition routing documents (route book or itinerary list) signed by director of sponsor company;
- Adoptive parents:
issued by the guardianship authorities a certificate, and in his absence - the decision of the guardianship and custody of the minor's transfer to a foster family;
a certificate of adoption (adoption order), and in his absence - the decision of the guardianship and custody on the transfer of a minor for adoption;
certificate of guardianship, and in his absence the decision of the guardianship authority on the transfer of a minor under guardianship.
Travel-Altai tours is being implemented on the basis of a contract concluded in writing between a tour operator and tourist and (or) other customer, and in some cases between the travel agent and tourist and (or) other customer. This contract complies with the legislation of the Russian Federation, including the legislation on consumer protection.
Each party has the right to require changes or to terminate the contract in connection with a substantial change of circumstances, of which the parties assumed in the contract.
- Significant changes in circumstances include:
- deterioration of travel conditions specified in the contract and the tourist voucher;
- changing travel dates commission;
- unexpected increasing of transportation tariffs;
- impossibility of tourist trip to circumstances beyond his control (the tourist's disease, the refusal to grant a visa and other circumstances).
Claims to the quality of the product are presented by tourist and (or) other customer in writing within 20 days from the date of the termination of the agreement and subject to review within 10 days of receipt of claims.
Contract sample can be downloaded here:
Each adventure tour of Travel-Altai Company starts at our residence camp base in Maima in 10 km from Gorno-Altaysk airport. Tourist upon arriving signs travel contract, gets tourist voucher, medical insurance and special equipment if tour requires. If you lost necessary equipment or just don’t want to bring it you can rent here. Please consult the manager about prices.
Tourist meets Travel-Altai team and gets a rest before starting.
- Double room
- Large double room
- One-bedroom suite
- Sun deck
- Outdoor pool (seasonal)
- Pool table
Front deck services
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- Private check-in/check-out
- Ironing service
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Family rooms
- Packed lunches
- Designated smoking area
- Shuttle service (surcharge)
- Shared lounge/TV area