- guide, translator services, groom;
- recreation tax;
- full board (except the first day);
- russian Bath at the first day.
- meals from airport to start route point;
- accommodation at the tourist camp;
- local activities.
What to take
- hiking shoes, must be fit and worn to shape;
- comfortable everyday shoes.
- light trousers made of thick fabric;
- long sleeve shirt for sun protection;
- head dress for sun protection;
- storm clothes (moisture-proof wind-proof jacket and trousers);
- jumpsuit for camping overnight stop;
- warm sweater (wool, fleece);
- reserve linen;
- 2-3 t-shirts;
- 2 pairs socks (wool), 3 pairs fabric socks;
- bathing suit.
- backpack 25-35 liters;
- head torch (duplicate batteries);
- medicine chest (headache agent, stomach upset agent, bactericidal adhesive plaster);
- bottle for water;
- foldable knife.
- off-the-road minibus;
- tents (2-3 seats);
- sleeping bag;
- foldable table;
- plates and dishes.
Accommodation is organized on the territory of camping bases.
- Age 14+
- tour route lies in pre-border zone requiring permission to enter. See more here: permission to pre-border zone
- weather condition can be a cause of changing the active part of a route, which is determined by a guide of a tour;
- prevention the bite of a tick is recommended;
- horse-riding skill is recommended
Airport - Maima
Welcome to Siberia. We can meet you at Novosibirsk airport (450 km), Barnaul airport (320 km) or Gorno-Altaysk airport (10km). This day of meeting with Travel-Altai team, signing tourist contract.
Maima - Djazator
Moving along Chuya highway to Kosh-Agach Village, then crossing pre-border to the Djazator Village
Djazator - Sudobai
Preparation for the trip. Riding horses. Moving along the Sudobai River basin, we pass by wooded rocks, rough the Al-Alaha River, Djazator River, pine forests and thickets of dwarf birch
Sudobai – Kara-Bulak Pass – Kara-Bulak Lake
Ascent to the Kara-Bulak Pass (2800 meters height) opens view of 3 peaks of the Altai –Belukha Mountain, Tabyn-Bogda-Ola peak (4371 meters) and Iktu (3958 meters). Descent to Kara-Bulak Lake which has unusual shape and water color. Lovers of fishing can try to catch a grayling.
Kara-Bulak Lake – Akkol River – Ak-Alaha River
Today path lies along Kara-Bulak Valley to confluence with the Ak-Alaha River near the spur which has been formed by winds and rains. The spur is shaped of ancient theater. With luck we can meet argali and snow leopard, we pass by waterfalls, red and blue lakes. Overnight in tents on the shore of the Ak-Alaha River
Ak-Alaha River – Kyzyltas – Kalguta River – Kaldzhynkul-Bas Lake
Ascent the pass opening panorama of Ukok plateau capturing Chinese, Mongolian and Kazakh territory. Endless stony steppe surrounded by Tabyn-Bogda-Ola peak is unforgettable view. Moving to Kyzyltas, visiting Bertek petroglyphs with more than 120 petroglyphs, visiting excavations of Altai Princess. Overnight in tents on shore of KaldzhynKul-Bas Lake.
KaldzhynKul-Bas Lake – Mukyr Tabaty Pass – Mukyr River
Ascent to Mukyr-Tabaty Pass (2590 meters) highland plateau with numerous lakes. View of Ukok plateau. Descent to mouth of the Mukyr River near Kazakh border. Fishing of graylings and overnight in tents on larch field.
Mukyr – Chindagatui River – Chindagatuiskyi mine – Alahinskoe Lake
Today we move along left shore of the Chindagatui River passing by Chindagatuiskyi mine which extracted tungsten and molybdenum from 1938 to 1954. Now this is impressive ruins of huts, power station and camp.
Relaxing day on the Shores of Alahinskoe Lake. Fishing, hiking to waterfalls
Alahinskoe Lake - Asemdara
Way back to civilization along National Park Ukok. Trail goes along swampy shores of the Karaalah river. Overnight in tents before Kuzhurta gorge.
Asemdara - Chokportas
Path runs on the mountain tundra changing to Alpine meadows and leads to petroglyphs and mounds of Chokportas.
Chokportas - Djazator
Moving along the Akalaha valley, mountain landscapes changes to coniferous forests, pastures and meadows. Relax day.
Djazator - Maima
Way back to Chemal district along Chuya highway
Maima - airport
Departure. We can assist you in getting the airport or any place you want. Barnaul airport (320km), Novosibirsk airport (450km) or Gorno-Altaysk airport (10km). Transfer to airport is not included into price.